[thelist] Frames question

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Sun Jan 7 06:20:12 CST 2001

> At 16:07 06.01.01 -0500, you wrote:
> you are expecting people to surf full-screen, as well, correct?

And with the default scroll-bar width too...
I know I always make the scroll-bars wider on my machines, for easier
scrolling.
Ah, and I have the quick launch bar on the top, and windows status bar
doubled on the bottom.
Yes, I use 1024X768, but that is besides the point.
The chrome can change very much from machine to machine- that is why IMHO it
is better to create a flexible design and not a pixel perfect one.
Take a look here at the browser window on 3 machines I have:
http://forbes.co.il/dev/m1.gif
http://forbes.co.il/dev/m2.gif
http://forbes.co.il/dev/m3.gif

All of them are using IE5 and all of them are windows machines.
Now try to imagine how much verity you will have with 100 users, 1000 users
or 10,000 users...
Shoshannah Forbes
--
Hebrew services for site owners http://www.bool.co.il