[thelist] Getting a Block of IPs

Ronald W. Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Mon Jan 8 14:10:26 CST 2001

As an ISP, we get one class C block with the first T1 placed in service by a
provider.  After that we have to justify the next class C block by proving 60%
utilization of the existing block/blocks.  Most of the tier one providers handle
the IP blocks this way and unless you are doing something big (with lots of cash
backing) is about the only way to get a class C that I know of.

Ron D.