[thelist] Image animations/loops

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 8 17:11:26 CST 2001

> From: "Jeff Lucido" <jlucido at j2-digital.com>
>
> I can do either one in this regard. I would prefer server-side since I
> will have to generate some sort of text document telling the script
> which images to display since the image names are based on the time the
> picture was taken (i.e., no consistency in the name).

in ASP, i would use the File System Object to  simply walk
through the directory, grab anything ending in .gif or .jpg, and stuff
it into some HTML to display it however you want...  the FSO,
however, will sort based on whatever the server's config is (by date,
name, whatever)...

otherwise, yeah, you can do a plain text file and walk through it
that way... hell, the entire site at roselli.org/tour is driven from text
files that do very much the same thing...