[thelist] Has anyone worked with dual IE versions?

Kerin Cosford kerin.cosford at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 10 19:18:27 CST 2001

No, there's no way to run IE5.0 and IE5.5 concurrently. Because M$, in their
infinite wisdom, have IE is a core component of windows itself, you can't
run seperate versions. All you can do is use two machines, or dual-boot your
machine into two different versions of Win98.

Oddly, you *can* run IE4.0 and IE5.x side by side, sort of. When you install
IE5/5.5 (assuming you have IE4 to begin with), you can check "compatibility
mode" in the advanced install options.