[thelist] RE: PHP 'proof of concept' virus developed

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Jan 11 01:36:28 CST 2001

> Experienced jumpers pack their own parachutes for the same reason
> experienced developers write their own code.  ;-)

I'd like to point out, for those coders who are considering skydiving,
that one should NOT attempt to re-pack a chute on the fly. :)

Come to think of it, this is a good rule for coding, too... write it well
the first time, or prepare to hit the ground hard. (This is why I've
stopped coding.)

<tip type="Helpful Hints for Cranky Curmudgeons" author="David Wagner">

Open mindedness can save you time and energy. When facing an ugly problem,
take a moment to set aside your prejudices and consider an ugly
alternative. Ask someone you generally disagree with for their advice;
they might be right, and if they're not, you can mock them.

To sum up: Windows 98 won't kill you, and it might just make that junkpile
in the corner come to life.

</tip>

--

David Wagner