[thelist] Google Toolbar

Potts, Douglas Douglas.Potts at dla.com
Thu Jan 11 04:10:29 CST 2001

Hi,
 I've downloaded the Google toolbar and am quite impressed with it. When you
visit a page it  draws a bar chart of the pages ranking with google. I was
wondering if people new how this ranking works, whether it's ranked by
keyword or relative to all other sites or what. I know how googles ranking
algorithm works relative to other site when returning a page of results, but
was wondering how this works.
Regards,
Doug

<tip type="Search engines" author="Doug Potts">
	Search for this article on the web and read it, it's wicked.
	"The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine"
	by Sergey Brin and Lawrence Page
</tip>

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed.  It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact DLA, a UK law firm, (http://www.dla.com/) on +44 (0) 8700 111111 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system.

Please note that neither DLA nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).  No contracts may be concluded on behalf of DLA by means of email communications.

A list of the names of the partners of DLA (who are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers) and their qualifications is available for inspection at 3 Noble Street, London, EC2V 7EE, UK.

Regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales; authorised by the Society to conduct investment business.