[thelist] the future of IE

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 01:33:32 CST 2001

> From: Jay Greenspan <jay at trans-city.com>
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-201-4448595-0.html?tag=st.ne.1002.tgif.sf
>
> I don't see the Web developers' life getting any easier...

crap.

even if they use the same rendering engine, that's at least two new
interfaces with certain expectations about how things will work
inferred by those designs...

kinda like using IE and then using AOL's IE... similar, but different
enough that it confuses my parents... they expect AOL-type things
to continue to happen on all web pages, and then using just IE
confuses them with so few creepy blinky things going on...

ugh... this may not affect web development in the aggregate, but i
suspect a major impact on interface standards when these get a
strong user base...

"but on my copy of MSN explorer, i can email right from the
toolbar... at work, clicking the mail link does nothing..."