[thelist] Re: harddrive letters

2D Creative lists at 2dnet.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 10:16:37 CST 2001

Cedric
I have had the same problem and to be honest never found a solution.

I believe it is because you have a Primary Partition on the 2nd Drive and
this
forces it to become the second drive letter after 'C'.

Not much help but thought I'd mention it.

Regards,

David Raza

2D Creative Website Design & Development
Domain Registration, Hosting and E-Commerce
          www.2dcreative.co.uk
Tel:    +44 (0)1784 248884
e-mail: draza at 2dcreative.co.uk

--> Thanks to everyone for all their help in this problem.
--> The most obvious way would appear to be to swap the cables, yet
--> this is will
--> not work. If you read my first posting you would have read that on the
--> primary "physical" hard disk, there are two partitions C: and D:. Then I
--> added a new "physical" hard disk (I want it to be E:). But the
--> computer has
--> made D: -> E: and the new drive is D:. If I swap the drives
--> round, surely
--> the new drive becomes C: and the other two (on the same physical drive
--> become D: and E:) This would cause even more problems, seeing
--> as all system
--> files are currently on C:
--> (sorry to all those who read the original posting, but I don't
--> want people
--> going away from this thinking they sent me right answer - when
--> they didn't!)
-->
--> I will try to work out FDISK. If I have no luck, then I will be
--> investigating Partition Magic.
--> Special thanks to all those who understood the problem fully
--> and realise it
--> isn't as simple as it sounds.
-->
--> cheers,
--> Cedric Wooding
-->
-->
--> For unsubscribe and other options, including
--> the Tip Harvester and archive of TheList go to:
--> http://lists.evolt.org Workers of the Web, evolt !
-->