[thelist] [OT]ish Weird browser + tip

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 11:57:31 CST 2001

Hi gang
           Just seen this strange article in a magazine which I thought was
worth mentioning. It seems a company called 2CE has designed a piece of
software that will have 5 open browser windows at once so that it looks like
viewing the inside of a cube, with the page you want to look at as the wall
opposite, and 4 other pages make up the other 4 walls. If the picture in the
mag is anything to go by it will be a weird browsing experience! The
company's web site is typically vague about this (http://www.2ce.com) but a
free download will be available shortly, apparently.
And now for my couple of tips, also from the same magazine.

<tip type="Partition Magic">
Partition Magic has been mentioned a few times in the last week. PM6 has
just been released and all the info you could possibly want can be found on
the company's web site http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
</tip>

<tip type="Iomega storage">
I wanted to make a backup of all my e-mails & address book recently using my
100 meg Zip drive and encountered a strange thing, despite having only used
up about 20 meg on the disk an alert came up saying the disk was full. I
have just found out that both Zip disks and Jaz disks will only store a
maximum of 511 files in the root directory. So the solution is to remember
to create sub-folders for everything if you are intending on saving several
hundred files on one disk.
</tip>

Kev