[thelist] re: IE4 installation

Hendrik Mans hm at netzbiest.de
Mon Jan 15 08:08:31 CST 2001

> (assuming it's a Windows machine)
> You'll need to dual-boot it with 2 partitions, and have a separate
> copy of Windows on each.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can cheat Windows by manually overwriting IE's
files, most importantly its COM object. I read something about this on some
website a while ago, but don't have my bookmarks here at work; I'll try to
find the URL when I'm home again later tonight.

Cedric: if your IE5 installation is actually "on top" of a previous IE4
installation, you should be able to uninstall IE5 (and thereby restore IE4)
in the software control panel.

Take care,
Hendrik