[thelist] Browser testing

Bob Davis bobd at lists.evolt.org
Mon Jan 15 10:27:31 CST 2001

on 01/15/2001 7:52 AM, martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com at
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> This is why
>
> http://www.healthland.de/

Well, just to show that you can be a huge, international company and still
not have a site that works on common browsers, look at
http://www.siemens.com/

If you, like me, use a Macintosh with IE5 primarily, you'll get a JS pop up
that tells you that you need to use Netscape.  Using versions of netscape
that I have (3.2 and 4.7), it still doesn't work right.

I don't know if it works on PC's, but that's beside the point.  Big JS
alerts that say "you can't continue with the latest, most compliant browser
that's out there, so go to one that is slow and buggy to see our site" just
aren't acceptable.  Seeing it from Siemens was  a shocker.

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org