[thelist] Image ready 3 on mac waaaaay slow?

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:21:31 CST 2001

I tend to like Macromedia products also, if only because they are geared
toward web designers.  I'm fond of the Freehand/Fireworks/Flash combo.

But I have noticed when working with text (say for a title header) -- I can
always get a cleaner, smoother-edged gif thru Photoshop than thru
Fireworks.  I'm not sure why that is (antialiasing options, maybe) but it
is.  And that makes a difference to me.

I find myself using both Photoshop/ImageReady and Fireworks, for various
reasons.  It's handy to have the png files at hand, as kind of a middleman
between raster & vector land.  (I'm a graphics hacker so I don't know what
I'm talking about, just what works for me.)  I made a flash movie recently
& found myself moving files from Photoshop thru Fireworks, then into Flash.

I do that kind of stuff a lot.  Fireworks stroke effects can also be
fun.  But I'd never give up Photoshop.

Erika