[thelist] Remote Administration Was:[OT] Telephone Spam

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Wed Jan 17 20:20:31 CST 2001

><tip type="Server Admin: Remotely Anywhere" author="Michael Buffington">
>Remotely Anywhere is an excellent low cal alternative to PCAnywhere and the
>like.  It uses very little memory, is easy to install, is updated frequently
>with free patches, does some really cool stuff, and best of all, it's cheap!
>
>Check it out:
>http://www.remotelyanywhere.com/
></tip>

<tip type="Server Admin: VNC" author="Judah McAuley">
For remote administration, I like to use VNC.
It is cross-platform on the server side ( text mode and Xterm under *nix,
and a server under Win32)
It is cross-platform on the client ( *nix, win32, mac, nokia cell phones,
psion and palm pda's, etc)
The client can be run through a web browser
It can be tunnelled through SSH (with the client) or SSL (for the browser)

And, best of all, it's free.

Available at:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
</tip>