[thelist] a weird question

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Thu Jan 18 09:30:31 CST 2001

> Sarah
>
> Can I divide option 1 into 2 suboptions:
> 1a) (a bit of) Salary now
> 1b) (a lot of) Salary later
>
> *Do not* throw away the chance to do this for a few
> dollars. If you're at the start of your career, for goodness'
> sake get this on your resume.
>
> Think of it as paying your dues, and getting you to a position
> of getting that 60/90k without too much trouble.

Here, here. I agree totally.

And keep in mind that the range will vary greatly depending on geography and
state of the economy.

And one other thing, before you start saying you can call yourself a
sysadmin, dba, etc., you should have a really good idea of what these people
do. Take a look at the job boards and see what kind of skills it takes to
land a 90k job as a sysadmin or dba.

-j