[thelist] JavaScript woes

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jan 18 21:21:31 CST 2001

 From what I can tell from your post, you don't even need FS Command
to accomplish what you need ... you are trying to send a message from
Flash to JavaScript, not the other way around ... so you can use a
GetURL action like this:

Get URL("changeImage(argument);")

It won't work in IE 4.5 Mac and some ancient browsers, but FS Command
wouldn't either.

Also, one can send messages from JS to a Flash 4 movie without the
use of FS Command - if anyone's interested, I can post a tip.

I personally hate FS Command, and would professionally recommend that
everyone else avoid it as well at any cost.

--
- Erik Mattheis
http://gozz.com/