[thelist] scrolling news tickers

A. Erickson ilsa at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 18 22:36:31 CST 2001

> I know what you mean and let's not forget that many java scripts
> don't work
> in NN6, so all you get is white space.

Damn that NN6!

> We've actually used one on a Client site:
> http://www.fenwick-elliott.co.uk/index.htm which works pretty
> well, I think.

Hmmm... I have to say that I like the Apple one better. Yours makes my eyes
do funny, funny things.

I counted the number of bits o' news in the Apple menu which is 8 pieces.
Kind of a lot. If you see one that you like and don't realize that you'll
see a whole list of the same thing if you click then you have to wait for it
to come back around again.

Otherwise... why not carve out an area for a static "top 5"? Too much real
estate lost?

- amanda