[thelist] Toggle disable/enable of text box

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 18 23:07:31 CST 2001

bart,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Miller, Bart
:
: I have a form where I want to disable an
: input box if a checkbox is checked (see
: code below).  Now, it works fine when I
: check the box.  But when I uncheck the
: box it does not become enabled again.
: I only need this to work in IE5+
: browsers.  Is this a bug?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no, it's not a bug.  it's a syntax problem.  you're setting the value of the
disabled property to a string, not a boolean.  what's more, the syntax
you're using is verbose and unnecessary since the this.checked test already
returns a boolean of true of false.  here's how i'd do it.

<input
 type="checkbox"
 onclick="this.form.test.disabled = this.checked">
<input name="test" value="Enter text here">

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development