[thelist] NT4 IIS ftp server admin problem- anyideas?

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Jan 18 23:15:31 CST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Anthony Baratta wrote:

> At 11:23 AM 1/18/2001, you wrote:
> >We've got a weird problem with trying to run IIS ftp server on our NT4
> >box. Has anyone seen this before?
>
> You best bet is to shut that piece of c#$p off and run a better FTP service.

I'm afraid I have to agree. FTP Serv-U works pretty well, and it's cheap.

However, assuming you'd still like to go with IIS, it'd help to have just
a bit more information:

What is the "nothing" that happens? Does it refuse to start at all? When
connecting with an FTP client, do you get any sort of connection? Does it
boot you out immediately? Does it reject a valid password? Does it even
find the server, or do you get a DNS error? It sounds like it's probably
an NT service problem, but there could be all sorts of other issues
involved.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net