[thelist] SSI file parsing issues, IIS 4.0

Ben Gustafson ben_gustafson at lionbridge.com
Fri Jan 19 10:21:31 CST 2001

Madhu's instructions below regarding the extension to map for parsing
server-side includes was correct. I mapped the .htm extension to use the
ssinc.dll, and the .htm files containing the included files parsed the
includes. I had mapped the .htm extension to use the ssinc.dll on the site
that was parsing the includes, but had forgotten that I had done so.

It's also instructive that you can have different application mappings on
different sites on the same server in IIS, which I suppose is a good thing
but something to keep in mind when setting up new sites.

--Ben