[thelist] scrolling news tickers

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jan 19 11:38:31 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Erickson" <ilsa at earthlink.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 4:07 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] scrolling news tickers

> > Again, not to start a war, but I'd rather have researched authority
> > rather than half-baked opinion.
>
> Okay, I can see that ya'll dig the Jakob. I just don't think that a good
> answer to a question on a list like this is "Nuh-uh, see this:
> http://alertbox.blah.blah." Again, I do value the opinion of real
> developers.

my opinion as a "real developer" is the same as that of jakob - I saw no
reason to waste bandwidth when I could just link off to a similar philosophy
and rationale.  Surely by linking off to jakob, I am demonstrating that I
agree with whatever it is I'm linking to?

although to answer richard, I don't really know what a better solution is -
I just wish folk hadn't become so reliant on drop-down lists when that's not
what the widget was designed for ...

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___  |      William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro