[thelist] scrolling news tickers

A. Erickson ilsa at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 19 11:47:31 CST 2001

> yuck
>
> read why this is bad: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001112.html

So, I just read the alterbox linked here and I think your statement could be
more aptly named: "Yuck, read why this might be bad depending on the
application."

I think drop-down menues (such as the dynamic, dhtml-type) are only as
effective as their coders. These things can be buggy and if the items don't
line up right or the "hot" area is off or if they snap closed too quickly or
whatever... they will be hard to use.

- amanda

<tip>
Testing your layout for balance and understanding.

If you're in the habit of creating your site designs in Illustrator or
Photoshop... take the opportunity to test your designs by opening them full
screen (or, better yet, printing them out), standing back a bit and blurring
your eyes while you look at them. This helps identify your larger shape
areas and look at your design a different way.
</tip>