[thelist] default doc in DW frameset

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Jan 19 16:02:31 CST 2001

If this is "Do Dreamweaver's links recognize default files in a directory?"
then sorry, no, if you don't specify a file in a directory then this is
usually resolved by the server. On a client machine there wouldn't be a way
to assure that the app's guess of the desired file would be the same as
what the server decides is the default file for that directory.

authoring, sorry.

(I don't know if there's a way the DW engineers could change this, but it
couldn't hurt to drop a quick note to wish-dreamweaver at macromedia.com...
the priorities for the next cycle are still being assessed, so *now* is a
particularly profitable time for change-requests, thanks.)

jd