CF or PHP for PDF: Was-[thelist] Let Me Pick Your Brains...

tbounds at gci.net tbounds at gci.net
Sat Jan 20 18:30:31 CST 2001

I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far.

I see PHP has been mentioned in relation to creating PDF's. I checked
Allaire for PDF tags and found a couple that might work. I notice on php.net
there are several specific built in tags for generating pdf's on the fly.
I'm wondering what you (those of you who wish to respond) think of CF vs PHP
for generating pdfs. The way it looks to me right now PHP is more flexible.
I'm willing to go with either. I just want to zero in on one so I don't
waste time in a learning curve only to find out its not what I need. I have
a deadline of about 3 months to finish the project.

What I want to do is create a pdf on the fly that exactly matches a hard
copy version thats been created with a page layout program except for the
customized input from a form.

Thanks for any help,
--
Tony