[thelist] Popup Behind window

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 22 03:47:31 CST 2001

chris,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: CDitty
:
: Understood.  Now then, which is worse?  Regular
: popups  or the popup behinds?  At least with the
: behinds, it doesn't interrupt the user.  I don't
: like popups myself, but hey, they help pay the
: bills.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

to me personally, i find any popups to be an ambush.  regular popups can be
dealt with swift ctrl+w and they're gone to return only when i refresh or
click an onsite link.  popups the disappear behind are sly, sneaky bastards
that often make me accidentally close the main content window cause they
disappear behind just as i'm about to snuff out their pathetic life.  if
they manage to come up without me seeing them, then my task bar is littered
with windows that have nothing to do with the actual content i was searching
form.  it's like the aftermath after a big fight.  all these little uglies
sitting around that need to be taken care of.  the kind that come up behind
are much worse in my opinion.

again, just my 2c,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden