[thelist] Debugging a New PC

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Mon Jan 22 17:44:48 CST 2001

Your RAM still sounds like it may be bad.  If you have more than one DIMM,
try taking them out and using them one at a time.  For example, if you have
two DIMMS, they will both be 64 megs.  Plug one in (thus meaning you have 64
megs of RAM) and reboot and examine your resources.  Then, take that one out
and try the other.  If the resources are not the same for both sticks, then
one DIMM or both may be bad... replace them.

Often times, simply messing with the DIMM will fix the problem.

-joshua