[OT - Ignorant Tech Comedy] Was Re: [thelist] CF Hosting quick!

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jan 23 22:38:31 CST 2001

Right-o ... I moved all my accounts from HostPro in Oct 99 ...
Virtualscape was Excellent until December when they merged with Web
2010 and two others; recently I've had nothing but technical problems
... in the standard sense as well as meaning 'Problems dealing with
techs'. Some comedy from earlier today:

Me:            "I've been trying to get in touch with Peter [lead
tech who seems to know his stuff] to check on the status of a ticket,
but nobody's answering down there."
Tech Dude: "You've already created a ticket?"
Me:            "Yeah, I need to get in touch with Peter."
Tech Dude: "What's the problem?"
Me:            "Other than not being able to get in touch with Peter,
I haven't been able to FTP to four of my accounts for three weeks."
Tech Dude: "What FTP client are you using?"
Me:            (exasperated) "What?"
Tech Dude: "What program are you trying to FTP with?"
Me:            (giving in) "Right now? Fetch."
Tech Dude: "Ok. Have you read the FAQ about the initial directory you
need to enter into Fetch?"
Me:            "I don't understand what you're getting at, this
ticket is three weeks old."
Tech Dude: "I'll put that in the ticket."
Me:            "Put what in the ticket?"
Tech Dude: "That you don't understand what initial directory to put
in your Fetch preferences."

--
- Erik Mattheis
http://gozz.com/