[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Rob Keniger rob at bigbang.net.au
Thu Jan 25 02:53:31 CST 2001

on 1/25/01 4:55 PM, Frank at framar at interlog.com wrote:

> Close but not quite. Think of it as BSD with a good gui and a hefty
> amount of backward compatibility. There's no CF server written for
> any variant of BSD that I know of.

This is true. Mac OS X is a BSD variant. However, it is also BSD with a full
(and fast) Java2 implementation. If CF is actually being rewritten to be a
Java application as per Allaire's product roadmap then it should run *really
well* on Mac OS X. Moving the existing Linux implementation over to Mac OS X
would also be a fairly straightforward porting task since there's no GUI to
worry about.

I want to see CF server on Mac OS X because I use a Mac as my dev machine
and I'd *love* to take a PowerBook and develop CF apps on it without needing
to connect to an Intel box.

--

Rob Keniger

big bang solutions