[thelist] suggestion - php book

Jay Fitzgerald jayfitz at bayou.com
Thu Jan 25 09:54:31 CST 2001

I'm also a beginner at PHP programming and I find that "PHP Essentials"
by Julie C. Meloni....it has been a great reference book for myself as a
beginner; however, BEWARE of a few flaws in the books' code.

Should you decide to purchase this book, don't just rely on the book
alone. Visit their site at http://www.thickbook.com as well as
http://www.php.net and if you are planning on using any SQL databasing
techniques, http://www.mysql.com or one of the other SQL sites should be
considered.

HTH

Jay

cayley vos wrote:

> I am a beginning programmer and am looking for an
> introduction to php.  I've head that wrox writes some
> good intro books, as does O'riley.  Is there one in
> particular people are fond of?
>
> many thanks
>
> cayley
> cvos at netpaths.net