[thelist] Hotmail trashes e-mail

Jake Stetser jake.stetser at headhunter.net
Thu Jan 25 09:56:48 CST 2001

Hotmail uses the RBL, an anti-spam list of IPs and IP blocks known to have
sent spam (and who usually have been uncooperative). (And of course this is
mentioned in the article)

I think that's a good thing. If you are concerned about your email getting
to your contacts, don't host with an ISP that hosts spammers. I see that
Hotmail also blocks outgoing mail to these sites. I think they should have
made that apparent to people, but otherwise I see no problem with it.
Hotmail is a private business, not a public property, and I applaud them for
making the decision not to deal with spammers.

<rant>
And for heaven's sake, if you NEED to get email to someone, don't use
Hotmail or YahooMail or any free email service.
</rant>