[thelist] PHP/SQL

Jay Fitzgerald jayfitz at bayou.com
Thu Jan 25 11:59:35 CST 2001

nevermind....i found a solution....

<tip name = \"wake up\">
luckily i had originally set a cookie for the username on the original page:

 --> setcookie("id","$username","","/","moss.bayou.com",0);

I then called the cookie on the page that i wanted to echo the variables

--> $id = $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS["id"];

.....and changed my select statement on that same page to:

--> $sql = "select firstname, lastname from users where username = '$id'";

now when i echo "my name is $firstname $lastname" i see "my name is Jay
Fitzgerald" on the page via the web.....
</tip>

I almost "went to sleep" on this one....

Thanks