[thelist] What language?

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Jan 25 15:05:31 CST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Joshua OIson wrote:

> It appears they might be using a software called DOC-FACTORY to produce the
> HTML and JavaScript Code.  The only place I see reference to this on google
> is in context of Intel, so my thoughts are the generator may be home grown.

Much as it may look generated, the code sees a lot of contact with human
hands.  However, it's also highly SSI- and context-dependent, which is
where this reference comes in.

I might add that the QA process as applied to these pages is very
thorough, which would explain the exceptions that some (most?) of us would
never think to apply.

I've probably said more than I oughtt've, so I'll shut up now.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"