[thelist] Stranger Error

Michael Buffington mike at price.com
Thu Jan 25 15:08:55 CST 2001

I have. There's actually only one site, on a fairly clean box. I'm
attributing the bug to Microsoft's special goodness, but I can't even verify
that until www.microsoft.com works from my locale.

If I reboot, the server actually works fine - no bugs, rips out pages, etc.
But it reverts to the error on an inconsistent basis.  Rebooting seems to be
the only remedy.  Restarting doesn't help.

Another interesting anomoly is that when I try to restart the virtual
server, it pops up the "Address already in use" alert, and displays that the
site is now stopped.  If I try and hit the site, it still provides the error
(rather than timing out because no server is running).  Weird!

Michael Buffington
mike at price.com
(714) 556-3890 x222
http://www.price.com