[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jan 25 20:22:31 CST 2001

>my thoughts are that macromedia/allaire should not waste time on supporting
>the mac as a server platform.  however, if mac os x is supported by virtue
>of its use of bsd as the os, then i'm fine with that and would support that
>move (but not specifically to support macs).

Jeff, in your post to this thread yesterday, you said something about
the "best tool for the job" as an argument against CF for Mac -
ironic - this is precisely why I would like CF for Mac: The traffic
on the sites I host through reselling virtual server space wouldn't
come close to taxing the capabilities of a single Mac webserver. I'd
be tickled pink if I could remotely administer a Mac with my CF sites
on it. I'll give you a dollar if there's no one else here that shares
my sentiment for the same reasons.

I find Windows frustrating (and ugly) and only use it because I have
to, and don't feel like dipping my toes into into Unix just yet.
I've got the single user CF server thing on an NT Box and it is more
than I can handle keeping it running, in fact it doesn't right now -
I crashed while installing a driver, and tried to reinstall NT over
top, and when I try to install IIS, it tells me it's already there,
and when I try to remove it it tells me there's nothing to remove.
Give me a Mac software problem that can't be solved with the trash
can and option key and I'll give you another dollar.

Some people believe that "simplicity is the ultimate in
sophistication." If MM/Allaire want to feed our delusions, I say let
them.

--
- Erik Mattheis
http://gozz.com/