[thelist] DW swap image behavior for disjointed rollovers

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Thu Jan 25 21:53:31 CST 2001

I'm in a mess up to my eyes...

Recently, I built a bloated, non-usability sensible flash site for a client
who insisted that his site be that way. One of the foolish concessions I
made in the negotiation process was that I would provide an HTML version
that closely duplicated the behavior of the flash site. Since the flash site
is really only using rollovers, I figured it wouldn't be too hard.

the flash site:
http://www.v-assets.com

the HTML version (presently limited to one page):
http://www.v-assets.com/html

With DW 4...its a piece of cake!

Only thing is...
The js generated by DW isn't cooperating with NN 4.5 (on Win 2K), There are
also some layout concerns (buttons have unwanted spaces between them, in
spite of my having removed all unnecessary whitespace in the code) but one
thing at a time. The trouble I'm having is that the js function
'swapImageRestore' is only partially functional in NN 4.5, when you load the
page, the rollovers are in their neutral state. Touch a button and some or
all *may* change. But they don't change back to neutral!

I know all of the ethical reasons for not using these tools to generate code
that you aren't in control of, and I'm guilty on all counts. But if anybody
can help me, I really need it! I let myself get carried away when making
promises to this client and now I'm regretting it. All I really need is for
these rollovers to work in NN 4.5/PC.

thanks,
John Corry