[thelist] DW swap image behavior for disjointed rollovers

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Jan 25 22:30:31 CST 2001

>With DW 4...its a piece of cake!
>
>Only thing is...
>The js generated by DW isn't cooperating with NN 4.5 (on Win 2K), There are
>also some layout concerns (buttons have unwanted spaces between them, in
>spite of my having removed all unnecessary whitespace in the code) but one
>thing at a time. The trouble I'm having is that the js function
>'swapImageRestore' is only partially functional in NN 4.5, when you load the
>page, the rollovers are in their neutral state. Touch a button and some or
>all *may* change. But they don't change back to neutral!

Hi

I think the problem may be that you have an image with a name
'content' and a div with an id of 'content'. You also have a div
called 'circle' and an image called 'circle'. ie: there's a conflict
with two things having the same id / name. I have seen this cause
problems with Netscape 4 - although when I just viewed it with
netscape 4.75 on mac the rollovers worked fine. Perhaps you could try
renaming the images: 'content_img' and 'circle_img'?

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg