[thelist] keeping table cells closed in NN 6.0

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Fri Jan 26 12:17:31 CST 2001

I was convinced I was going to have to change all my XHTML Doctypes back to
HTML because of the weird spacing in tables in Netscape 6.
But then the good folks on the XHTML Mailing list gave me a helping hand
which I'm going to recycle here as a tip:

<tip type="XHTML" author="Jeremy Keith:>

Try adding this to your stylesheet if you're using the XHTML transitional
doctype:

img    { vertical-align: text-bottom; }

This sorts out some of the funny spacing issues Netscape 6 has with images
inside table cells.

</tip>

Jeremy Keith

a d @ c t i o   http://adactio.com/