[thelist] radio/checkbox usability

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 26 13:40:31 CST 2001

> From: Jake Stetser <jake.stetser at headhunter.net>
>
> Heh. Just to let you know, I had nothing to do with the design (before my
> time), although it's partially my job to the site more usable, so I'm very
> interested in this thread :)

ahh... i was unaware there was a person here from that project...
ok, then do you know if that was tested at all?  what some reasons
were for its implementation?  any user feedback?

and how'd they drop the ball on the *entire* rest of the page?

> Oh, and I've already brought up the lack of quotes. The response is that
> they are unnecessary and add extra bytes to the download process.
>
> any ideas?

correct code?  add up the total extra bytes and decide if that 10th
of a second is really that crucial... that's an excuse i hear from lazy
developers... good code is its own reward, you shouldn't have to
justify it..