[thelist] Site critique, please?

Charles Johnson cfj at mac.com
Fri Jan 26 23:04:31 CST 2001

zac <zac at pixelgeek.com> wrote:

> I didn't see any problems with the table rendering (Mac IE 5). Everything
> scaled very smoothly.

Good doggy, Mac IE5! Who's my favorite browser? Here's another treat! Good
boy!

> Only two comments.
>
> The rollovers colours for the text links is a little harsh. Any chance you
> could use one of the light green/turquoise colours from the rollovers
> graphics?

Do you mean the text links inside the 'body text' areas, with the white
background? It's sort of a dark blue-green. I think you may be right; I've
been sort of leaning that way myself, but haven't gotten around to playing
with the colors yet. Sometimes a color that looks nice in a big solid area
doesn't look so wonderful when used behind a small selection of text...

> The section banners at the top of each page lack a consistent styling. The
> repetition of the colour scheme in the background isn't enough to maintain
> the same sense of place throughout the site. Perhaps you might look at
> establishing the wave logo in each of those section banners in addition to
> the photographs.

Good points, and I'll take them into consideration! Thanks very much for
your input.

Charles F. Johnson
Little Green Footballs Web Design
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com