[thelist] Site critique, please?

Charles Johnson cfj at mac.com
Sat Jan 27 13:19:31 CST 2001

McCreath_David <McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us> wrote:

>> I assume point 2 is referring to the same problem. This is very
> frustrating,
>> since I can't personally reproduce it, and not everyone sees it. So far I
>> haven't identified any pattern to it, either. The images are simple GIFs,
>> and the code is very simple too; until I gather more data I still don't
> know
>> what to do about it.
>
> Well, I run W2K at work and at home. Is there an OS issue? I haven't been
> tracking the other responses very closely, so I don't know what OSs the
> others are running.

This is extremely weird. It doesn't seem to be an OS issue; I've had people
report seeing it with just about every version of Windows. And then someone
with the same version of both NN and Windows doesn't see it. It doesn't seem
to be an issue at all with Mac Netscape.

I tried another approach, and I'd appreciate it if you could check this
page:

http://www.surfacademy.org/index2.htm

Only the "Welcome" table uses the new approach. Instead of specifying the
cell background in the TD tag, I moved it to the CSS file as a special class
for TD. It works fine for me in Mac Netscape 4.75, but then the other way
did too...

Charles F. Johnson
Little Green Footballs Web Design
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com