[thelist] Site critique, please?

Charles Johnson cfj at mac.com
Sun Jan 28 18:34:31 CST 2001

"Peter Beckler" <naplescom at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm viewing W2K Pro IE5.5 and I can not see any background for menu cells at
> all now on this page. Prior to this it was fine. (index2.htm, that is)

Do you have "Show Stylesheets" turned off in your prefs? The difference with
this version is that the cell backgrounds were moved into the external CSS
file (as classes for the TD tag), like this:

td.panel {
  background-image: url(/home/panel/top_bg.gif);
}

and it seems to work OK for me in both IE and Netscape. I don't have IE5.5
installed here, but I thought it was pretty good with this kind of CSS. Even
Mac Netscape 4.75 can handle it (which surprised me).

Also, make sure to clear your browser cache -- the old CSS file may still be
in there since you looked at the page previously.

Charles F. Johnson
Little Green Footballs Web Design
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com