[thelist] scrolling background

Philip Lindsay phil at presence-multimedia.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 12:20:31 CST 2001

> awhile back someone posted an example of a scrolling background. it worked
> in IE but in netscape only a single instance of the background appeared. I'd
> like to use this idea to create a background, but I only want the single
> instance to appear in either browser. does anyone know how I can create a
> background I can align and that wont tile?

You could use a stylesheet within your html with the following inside the
body class, just change the url to point to your image, and alter the
'background-position' to align to wherever you desire -

body {  background-image: url(images/my_background_pic.gif);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: center top}

HTH,

Phil :)