[thelist] script that works ok in IE but not in NN

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 16:59:31 CST 2001

> From: "Cristian Secara" <secarica at fx.ro>
>
> It seems to me that inner/outerWidth/Height refers to the browser's
> window, not the screen; I need a method for getting the screen
> dimensions. It should work even if the user has the browser not
> maximized.
> Might be this cannot be done for Netscape ?

the evolt.org site is down right now, so i'll offer this mirrored link
(which has a link back to evolt.org so you can get the benefits of
comments):

Real-World Browser Size Stats, Part I
http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/browser_stats_1.asp

> (my situation: the user's click opens something in a new browser
> window, scrollbar and resize allowed; for 800x600 user screen, the new
> window should be approx 520 so the user may be able to pick the resize
> corner; else, the height will be approx 620)

simple enough to do... hell, boo.com (evil evil evil) does it... read
the boo2 article on the front page, and look for my comment... it
has a link to it...