[thelist] ARGH! NN blows up my table layout!!

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Wed Jan 31 14:21:50 CST 2001

aardvark wrote:

> if i write bad code and i spend a day figuring out that i wrote bad
> code cuz it won't work in a browser, i eat that time...

> if i'm doing something brand new for the client (like a Java ticker)
> that i haven't done before, then all that time is billable... but that
> was covered up-front in the scope and the quote...

How do you propose that people know the difference between "bad code" and
something "brand new"?

If I run into a particular style of coding that won't work in a certain
browser (for whatever reason) and I have to determine the source of the
error how is that any different than learning a new skill?

--

       While most e-mail systems require a well-paid team
       of IS professionals, pneumatic tube mail systems

       -- Mac the Knife

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/