[thelist] Re: Search engines and dynamic sites using query strings

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Feb 1 10:29:48 CST 2001

Hi Ben -

I think matt or joshua(?) already answered this in greater detail, but
just wanted to let you know they're pretty much right on.

Because it is *always* in RAM, the performance of every page passing
through a simple template isn't a big deal.. If you think about it, some
sites build their entire site off a index.cfm(or asp or php) and append
strings to that index.cfm page.. out case is really no different :)

Our performance is actually better than our old version of the site,
since we took much more care to optimize our database calls(rudy) and
cache most of the templates that build the site(jeff)

shout if you have any more questions :)

.djc.