[thelist] (web)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 10:33:48 CST 2001

> From: Joy Miller <Joy_Miller at development.uchicago.edu>
>
> My good friend Clara (who is--as we speak--registering with Evolt.org) is
> working on this page (http://www.bcanet.org/newbca/bcaprograms.html) and
> could use a little help from all of you wise folks.

i had two questions, but now i have one...

the first one was, where's the 'home' button?  but then i enlarged
my browser window and saw it on the right of the top frame... a
scroll bar would be handy for us using smaller windows, as well as
the logo being the link home...

my second question is, why is it a server-side map?  your problem
would go away if it were client-side... accessibility issues aside...

> She needs the "home" button portion of her server-side image map (in the top
> frame--"bcaheader.html") to target the parent frame rather than the main
> frame (http://bcanet.org/newbca/bcaprograms.html). Any advice or suggestions
> on where we can find the answer?
>
> Is is possible--within a map--to target a specific portion/part? Thanks for
> your help!

nope, because your hyperlink has a 'target' attribute, it'll always
load into that frame... you could only change that with some client-
side JS, or a client-side image map...