[thelist] Charges for web content

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Thu Feb 1 12:36:48 CST 2001

This seems like an odd question to me.  Your department initiated the new
server, and the migration of content, and people expect to PAY you for it????

I have never heard of a University charging its faculty or departments
anything for any web-related work.  I HAVE heard of a University leaving
departments on their own to develop and/or upload sites, for which the
departments have to hire and or contract someone to do the work.

If you want to get a larger higher education audience, try posting
University-related questions to this University Web Dev list (consists
mostly of web professionals in US higher-learning institutions).  Here's a
chunk of their email footer:

<uwebd list info>
Make Web-based changes or subscribe/unsubscribe at:
http://listserver.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=uwebd&text_mode=0.
If you experience problems, contact list owner Terry Calhoun at
splendid at umich.edu.

Visit uwebd's FAQ sheet, maintained by Kevin Lowey, at
http://www.usask.ca/web_project/uwebd/.
</list info>