[thelist] performance monitoring?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Feb 1 19:49:37 CST 2001

The first thing I'd recommend is to lobby for your own NT server. With a
hosted solution, you may not be able to have the control over the server
that you'd like to tweak it out (a lot of the place you can squeeze out
performance in IIS is at the OS/registry/IIS Metabase level --which I
seriously doubt your provider will let you have access to). You can acquire
your own server and co-locate it with an ISP for your bandwidth (contact me
offlist for details, its what we do here at work and it's *wonderful*).

That being said, excellent IIS performance articles abound, here are a
couple:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/IIS/Tips/asptips.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/feature/tune.asp

And searching for "ASP performance" on http://evolt.org/ brings up: