[thelist] Help! On-Line Payment Processing

Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Feb 2 08:42:37 CST 2001

At 09:36 PM 2/1/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Forgive me, this has been around once or twice in the past, but I need
>fresh info.
>
>I am building a site for an historic (originally opened in 1905 with an
>interesting history, www.academyofmusictheatre.org is the current site
>if you are interested) theater restoration/new operation site.  During
>the next two years of restoration, there is a need to accept donation
>pledges/payments.  Then as the restoration is completed and operations
>begin, on-line ticket sales will be added.  My request is two fold:

Ron,

For non-profits/small businesses, I have had good luck with PayPal
(http://www.paypal.com/), very minimal transaction fee and they are set up
for donations as well as actual sales. The codes are almost too easy since
it's a one-shot deal and the purchaser gets charged by PayPal.

If they have their own merchant account and are cleared to use it on the
internet, then you might want to look at Mals Mall. For a free gateway,
they do offer quite a bit of customization:http://www.mals-e.com/. The help
forum is fairly decent too. It's not ideal, but the price is right.

FWIW,

~/ a b b e y  /~