[thelist] Killing Note Pad!

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 2 17:57:39 CST 2001

chris,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: chris at fuseware.com
:
: Is there a way to replace the default editor
: to be something other than Word?  I have
: Studio in the drop down, but would prefer
: to get rid of Word in the toolbar.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well, i'm guessing that you just take a quick trip into the registry to the
same branch that the studio setting is in and find the one for word and give
it the axe.

[mumbles to self to try this before sending]

[fumbles around in the registry]

[deletes the wrong branch...mutters some choice expletives...makes mental
note to pay attention to tips on the list, specifically the one that said to
back up the registry first...<homer>doh!!</homer>]

[searches through email for the thread about adding cfstudio and/or homesite
to the edit this page button in ie's toolbar]

find your way to the following branch and delete the one for word (i'd
recommend exporting it to a file first, just slap a fragile sticker on my
forehead and call me suzy).

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\

i happen to also have an option to "edit with netscape navigator" (i find
that extremely useless considering i *only* have navigator and not
communicator) in my toolbar but can't find where it's entry is coming from.
oddly and annoyingly enough it's the default if i click the edit button --
grrrrr.

i was so hoping to make a good tip out of this.  hope you at least found
something useful from my trials.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden