[thelist] Rant? Tip? Using Flash

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Feb 3 15:58:37 CST 2001

Yeah, the bulk of Flash stuff out there is a group exercise in
masturbatory tweening, but nobody is ever going to convince me that a
100% Flash site with no HTML version or detection is categorically
inappropriate. For the same reason I don't think it's bad that there
are no regulations (I know of) about ski lifts being wheelchair
accessible. It's just important to know the intended audience.

Macromedia has some excellent (with the exception of #9) usability
guidelines at

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/productinfo/usability/tips/

--
- Erik Mattheis